- One-Time code - For Scheduled Conferences
- One-Time code - Default for all Meetings
- Shared passcode / Unique passcode
Random Access Code
For Scheduled Conferences
If you have an important meeting and want to ensure it is private, or are booking back-to-back meetings where it is important that they don't overlap, just select the 'Security Settings' option while scheduling. This can be found at the bottom of the first 'Schedule a conference' page and will give you the option to randomly generate a one-time access code to be used just for that particular scheduled call.
You will also have the option to add an additional layer of security by choosing a 'Security Passcode' just for this meeting. Invitees will receive a unique link in their email invitation to join online. Those connecting via dial-in number will be prompted to enter this after the access code has been accepted.
**The random code will be active 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
Default for all Meetings
Via the settings section in your account, select 'Security'. The one-time code and shared/unique passcodes can all be selected automatically. This will set ALL of your scheduled meetings to have a unique access code as your default preference.
Join a video conference using the one-time security code
- Schedule a conference using the one-time access code security setting
- Conference organizer:
- Login to your account online
- Click 'Start' and ensure that you select the scheduled meeting
- OR Click on the relevant meeting in the 'Today's calls' section
- OR Go to the 'Upcoming' section and click on the relevant conference
- Open the email invitation or reminder for the scheduled meeting
- Click on the meeting link in the email
- If a participant adds the meeting to their calendar, they can also click on the meeting link in their calendar to join.
Shared passcode / Unique passcode
Via the settings section in your account, select 'Security', enter your own preferred code that participants will be prompted to enter when calling using a phone and also via a pop-up message when they join via web. This will add another layer of security for situations where discretion and privacy are required.
The unique passcode ensures you know exactly who is present in your meeting. Allowing you to keep a record of attendees and also know exactly who you are talking to. Only contacts in your address book will be able to attend and unlike guests who join without the unique passcode, the name listed in the online meeting room will be the same as you have entered in your address book.
ℹ️ If an invitee shares their unique link/passcode, additional attendees using that link will appear with the same name and a number beside the name so that you will know who shared the link.